The project has three major functions:
Each of the three functions has its own pavilion. These pavilions are arranged to create different outdoor areas
such as a quiet garden, children's outdoor play area and a food garden, all of which relate directly to the function of each pavilion.
- Early childhood centre for 100 children
- Family/Community centre
- Headquarters for the Kindergarten organisation
The building design includes a number of sustainable features:
These features are clearly expressed in the architecture so they become a learning tool for the children and their families.
- Natural heating and cooling with underfloor heating back up
- Double glazing and "ultra" thermal insulation
- Rainwater storage for toilets, laundry, car wash and garden irrigation
- Solar PV panels to generate electricity
- Predominant timber construction (renewable resource)
For larger images of site plan and sections & elevations click here